My Passion

I have a strong passion for playing soccer.  This is because soccer is my favorite sport and always will be.  In my opinion, it is a great sport that anyone can play.  Everyone around the world plays soccer.  Not only is it enjoyable, it is  great exercise because of all the running and conditioning involved.  Believe it or not, you can also learn quite a few things while playing such as the importance of teamwork and friendship.

If you don’t know how to play soccer here is a brief description of how the game works.  You play on a grass or turf field that is 100-11o yards long.  Each half of the field is 50-55 yards long.  At the end of each half of the field there is a goal that is shaped like a rectangular prism.  The back of the goal is a large net and the front has three metal posts.  You play with a small round ball that you try to kick in the opposing team’s goal, while you must also defend the goal in your own half.  There is a catch though, you can’t use your hands.  The only person that can use their hands is the goalie.  This is because he tries to stop the ball from going into the goal.  You play two 45 minute halves and at the end of the game whichever team that has scored the most goals wins.  It is truly a beautiful game and I love it!

One thought on “My Passion